This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch, objc] fix PR43061
- From: Mike Stump <mikestump at comcast dot net>
- To: IainS <developer at sandoe-acoustics dot co dot uk>
- Cc: gcc-patches Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 16:36:31 -0800
- Subject: Re: [patch, objc] fix PR43061
- References: <6A8294E3-4AB2-413C-A8D0-E679ED39DA39@sandoe-acoustics.co.uk>
On Feb 15, 2010, at 4:05 PM, IainS wrote:
proposed patch to fix this.
boostrapped/make check-objc on i686-apple-darwin9
restores the objc test results to the same as 156187 (last local set
2010-02-15 Iain Sandoe <email@example.com>
*gcc/objc/objc-act.c(finish_var_decl) Add "used" attribute to
vars in addition to the TREE_USED. This is needed by ipa*.c
So, it would seem to me that slightly better than this would be to
have those places test DECL_PRESERVED_P. If that fixes this, I think
I like that version a bit better than this version. I'm fine with
this going in now, if you want, though, would be nice to remove it
once the rest of the compiler can handle it.