This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[PATCH] Fix --enable-checking=valgrind libcpp issue on cpp/line5.c
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 20:04:44 +0100
- Subject: [PATCH] Fix --enable-checking=valgrind libcpp issue on cpp/line5.c
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On cpp/line5.c cc1 fails under valgrind (even without
--enable-checking=valgrind). The problem is that _cpp_handle_directive
called by read_original_filename refuses to handle it as a directive,
because # isn't at the beginning of the line, thus pushes the line number
back into lookaheads. But then read_original_directory (which isn't
desirable in that case) uses _cpp_lex_token_direct (ignores the pushed back
token) and pushes it back, which leads to uninitialized token data.
When the first line doesn't contain a valid filename directive, we shouldn't
be looking at the original directory on the next line.
Fixed thusly, bootstrapped/regtested on x86_64-linux and i686-linux, ok
for trunk and 4.4?
2010-02-11 Jakub Jelinek <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* init.c (read_original_filename): Don't call read_original_directory
if _cpp_handle_directive returns 0.
--- libcpp/init.c.jj 2009-11-12 14:14:03.000000000 +0100
+++ libcpp/init.c 2010-02-11 17:31:23.000000000 +0100
@@ -1,7 +1,7 @@
/* CPP Library.
Copyright (C) 1986, 1987, 1989, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998,
1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008,
- 2009 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
+ 2009, 2010 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
Contributed by Per Bothner, 1994-95.
Based on CCCP program by Paul Rubin, June 1986
Adapted to ANSI C, Richard Stallman, Jan 1987
@@ -595,9 +595,9 @@ read_original_filename (cpp_reader *pfil
pfile->state.in_directive = 0;
/* If it's a #line directive, handle it. */
- if (token1->type == CPP_NUMBER)
+ if (token1->type == CPP_NUMBER
+ && _cpp_handle_directive (pfile, token->flags & PREV_WHITE))
- _cpp_handle_directive (pfile, token->flags & PREV_WHITE);