This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: C++,v3 PATCH for c++/42983 (virtual vs. default)
- From: Paolo Carlini <paolo dot carlini at oracle dot com>
- To: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches List <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, libstdc++ <libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 23:44:09 +0100
- Subject: Re: C++,v3 PATCH for c++/42983 (virtual vs. default)
- References: <4B732AFC.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 02/10/2010 10:54 PM, Jason Merrill wrote:
> The consensus on issue 906 in Santa Cruz was to require defaulted
> virtual functions to be defaulted outside the class so that it's clear
> they are user-provided. This required a few changes in the library; I
> dealt with it by just providing inline definitions after the class
> definition; do library folks want something else?
Thanks for asking. Personally, I'm certainly ok with that type of
solution. To be safe, let's add in CC the mailing list.