This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [4.4 PATCH] Fix ipa-cp ICE (PR tree-optimization/42890)
- From: Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Richard Guenther <rguenther at suse dot de>, Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 16:25:02 +0100
- Subject: Re: [4.4 PATCH] Fix ipa-cp ICE (PR tree-optimization/42890)
- References: <20100208152715.GR2817@tyan-ft48-01.lab.bos.redhat.com>
> This ICEs because tree_function_versioning calls delete_unreachable_blocks
> which removes some unreachable calls, but nothing removes corresponding cg
> edges, so ipa-cp looks at type of freed SSA names.
> Seems the trunk has for this a new function which handles updating of the
> callgraph, on the 4.4 branch as delete_unreachable_blocks is only called
> when !update_clones we can leave out big part of that function though.
> Bootstrapped/regtested on x86_64-linux and i686-linux, ok for the 4.4 branch?
Yep, that works for me too (as well as the variant of rebuilding edges I