This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch, fortran] PR42309 - Problem with a pointer array passed to a subroutine
- From: Steve Kargl <sgk at troutmask dot apl dot washington dot edu>
- To: Tobias Burnus <burnus at net-b dot de>
- Cc: Paul Richard Thomas <paul dot richard dot thomas at gmail dot com>, fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 14:59:38 -0800
- Subject: Re: [Patch, fortran] PR42309 - Problem with a pointer array passed to a subroutine
- References: <email@example.com> <4B69AD78.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, Feb 03, 2010 at 06:08:08PM +0100, Tobias Burnus wrote:
> On 02/03/2010 06:51 AM, Paul Richard Thomas wrote:
> > This is another one of our serious bugs and yet another that can only
> > be properly fixed by array descriptor reform.
> I have to admit that - while I do not like reformitis - I am longing for
> that reform. I think those issues count for about 40% of the serious
> bugs. (Issues of multiple DECL/-fwhole-file is a close second.)
The last time I looked at the f95 meta-bug, all dependent
bugs were listed as waiting for the descriptor rewrite.
Perhaps, this should be the top 4.6 priority after
branching (along with merging the fortran-dev branch).
Paul, did you post a design doc for your vision of this