This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Ping Ping Ping: [PATCH] RFA: Add a small indication to warnings that are promoted to errors
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Simon Baldwin <simonb at google dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>
- Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2010 06:53:08 -0800
- Subject: Re: Ping Ping Ping: [PATCH] RFA: Add a small indication to warnings that are promoted to errors
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <4B6334E6.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Simon Baldwin wrote:
> I have not suggested that -Werror no longer present warnings as
> errors. The patch does not affect this any way.
I understand that.
I question whether it is necessary that users see an
error-promoted-from-a-warning differently than an
As I've indicated, if we do think it's necessary then:
>> error: [WNNNN] <the message>
is my first choice. My second choice is to add [was warning] or,
perhaps, [disable with -W] or [disable with -Wfoobar].
(650) 331-3385 x713