This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH: PR target/42671] Use Thumb1 GOT address loading sequence for Thumb2
- From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- To: Carrot Wei <carrot at google dot com>
- Cc: nickc at redhat dot com, Paul Brook <paul at codesourcery dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2010 13:40:19 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH: PR target/42671] Use Thumb1 GOT address loading sequence for Thumb2
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, 2010-01-27 at 15:03 +0000, Richard Earnshaw wrote:
> I haven't had time to do anything but light testing of this and my
> test-environment is well configured for covering this either -- so if
> you could run the attached through your test environment and let me know
> of any problems I'd be grateful.
> * arm.c (FL_FOR_ARCH7A): Include v6k extensions.
> (arm_override_options): Allow use of the TLS register if thumb2.
> (legitimize_pic_address): Improve code sequences for thumb2.
> (arm_load_pic_register): Likewise.
> (arm_call_tls_get_addr): Likewise.
> (legitimize_tls_address): Likewise.
> * arm.md (pic_load_addr_32bit): New pattern, merged from thumb variant and ...
> (pic_load_addr_arm): ... this. Delete.
> (pic_add_dot_plus_four): Allow any thumb.
> * thumb2.md (pic_load_addr_thumb2): Delete.
> (pic_load_dot_plus_four): Delete.
> (tls_load_dot_plus_four): New pattern.
Having done a native regression run on a Cortex-a9 board running linux,
I've now committed this code.