This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH][Ada] Switch gnatbind from C to Ada generation during bootstrap
- From: Ralf Wildenhues <Ralf dot Wildenhues at gmx dot de>
- To: Arnaud Charlet <charlet at adacore dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 09:15:00 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][Ada] Switch gnatbind from C to Ada generation during bootstrap
- References: <1246106473.4922.383.camel@localhost> <20090627131612.GA52804@adacore.com>
* Arnaud Charlet wrote on Sat, Jun 27, 2009 at 03:16:12PM CEST:
> Also the use of $(MV) -f looks strange, I've never seen this kind of usage
> (explicit use of -f) in Makefile before.
FWIW, automake-generated Makefiles use 'mv -f' in the dependency
tracking code. The Autoconf manual documents -f to be portable for mv.