This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH][Ada] Switch gnatbind from C to Ada generation during bootstrap
- From: Arnaud Charlet <charlet at adacore dot com>
- To: Laurent GUERBY <laurent at guerby dot net>
- Cc: gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Robert Dewar <dewar at adacore dot com>, Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 15:16:12 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][Ada] Switch gnatbind from C to Ada generation during bootstrap
- References: <1246106473.4922.383.camel@localhost>
> As discussed for gcc-in-cxx branch to support Ada one potential issue is
> the compilation of the binder generated C file. A solution is to switch
> the binder to generate Ada, that's what the patch below implements.
This business of doing moves makes me a little nervous. Wouldn't it
be simpler to use a C compiler (e.g. $(CC) -x c or somesuch)?
Also the use of $(MV) -f looks strange, I've never seen this kind of usage
(explicit use of -f) in Makefile before.
So please hold on this patch, and consider compiling b_*.c files using a
C compiler instead, thanks.