This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH, pretty-ipa merge 0/4] IPA-SRA
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Martin Jambor <mjambor at suse dot cz>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>, Richard Guenther <rguenther at suse dot de>
- Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 06:11:50 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, pretty-ipa merge 0/4] IPA-SRA
- References: <email@example.com>
On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 4:20 AM, Martin Jambor<firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> this ?patch-set is ?a proposed ?merge of ?IPA-SRA from ?the pretty-ipa
> branch to the trunk. ?I have talked about IPA-SRA at the summit and it
> is also described in the paper. ?Shortly, it changes the parameters of
> local functions in the following ways:
> ?- removes parameters that are not used at all,
> ?- passes parameters by value instead of by reference if possible and
> ? ?hopefully profitable
> ?- passes only parts of aggregate parameters if only those are used
> ? ?in the function (often combined with the above transformation)
> The ?pass ?has ?been sitting ?in ?pretty-ipa ?for ?some time, ?I ?have
> bootstrapped it ?on i386-linux and ?x86_64-linux where I also ?ran the
> regression testsuite without any new problems popping up.
> I'd like ?therefore ask for the ?final review and hopefully ?an ACK to
> commit to trunk.
I think you should fix all new SRA regressions first before
another SRA related merge.