This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH][Ada][PING] Use timeout for ACATS when available
- From: Laurent GUERBY <laurent at guerby dot net>
- To: Arnaud Charlet <charlet at adacore dot com>
- Cc: Rainer Orth <ro at techfak dot uni-bielefeld dot de>, "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Samuel Tardieu <sam at rfc1149 dot net>
- Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 10:49:36 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][Ada][PING] Use timeout for ACATS when available
- References: <1242239500.20334.85.camel@localhost> <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20090514061757.GA9903@adacore.com> <1242282916.20334.98.camel@localhost> <1243344417.6098.221.camel@localhost> <1245335440.26323.275.camel@localhost> <yddskhq6hqy.fsf@manam.TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE> <1245831266.4922.91.camel@localhost> <20090624081843.GA46556@adacore.com>
- Reply-to: laurent at guerby dot net
On Wed, 2009-06-24 at 10:18 +0200, Arnaud Charlet wrote:
> > Anyway, this 2004 patch hasn't been approved by Ada maintainers
> > any more than my patch so we have to live with local patches for a while
> > more...
> I've reconsidered since then, and as I told you on your patch submission,
> the 2004 patch now does look reasonable to me.
> In 2004, we didn't have any expect based Ada test suite, so requiring expect
> looked like an additional unnecessary burden to me. Since then, we've introduced
> a complete Ada test suite based on expect, so there's no additional burden
> any more.
> The patch needs to be updated and retested, so I'd suggest doing so and
> resend an updated patch submission, which I'll then approve if nothing
> unexpected shows up on your testing.
Thanks for the review. I'll give the expect patch a new test when
some form the gnatmake and gnatlink patches are reviewed and in.