This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[PING] fix broken shared libgcc thread safety on alpha-tru64
- From: Olivier Hainque <hainque at adacore dot com>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: hainque at adacore dot com
- Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 11:16:46 +0200
- Subject: [PING] fix broken shared libgcc thread safety on alpha-tru64
- References: <20090518100340.GA6150@cardhu.act-europe.fr>
> config/alpha/t-osf4 reads:
> # Hide all POSIX threads related symbols provided by gthr-posix.c. This
> # only has an effect if t-osf-pthread is in use.
> An annoying consequence is that libgcc_s.so remains unprotected
> against concurrent accesses to the global state it maintains in
> multithreaded contexts.
> The attached patch is a suggestion to fix this by removing the hiding.
> We have been using it internally for a long while on gcc 3.4 and 4.3
> bases. I checked that the bogus behavior is still present on a recent
> mainline before the patch and would welcome opinions before launching
> a full test cycle, uneasy to conduct.
Thanks in advance,