This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH RFA: -Wc++-compat warning about uninitialized const variables
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 14:08:27 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: PATCH RFA: -Wc++-compat warning about uninitialized const variables
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thu, 18 Jun 2009, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> C++ requires that const variables be initialized. C does not--it
> permits them to be initialized to zero by default. This patch
> improves the -Wc++-compat warning to warn about uninitialized const
> variables. It also fixes the two cases in the gcc source code where
> such cases occur. This patch requires approval from the C frontend
> Bootstrapped and tested on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu. OK for mainline?
The C changes are OK.
Joseph S. Myers