This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH][Ada][PING] Use timeout for ACATS when available
- From: Laurent GUERBY <laurent at guerby dot net>
- To: Arnaud Charlet <charlet at adacore dot com>
- Cc: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Samuel Tardieu <sam at rfc1149 dot net>
- Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 16:30:40 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][Ada][PING] Use timeout for ACATS when available
- References: <1242239500.20334.85.camel@localhost> <Pine.LNX.email@example.com> <20090514061757.GA9903@adacore.com> <1242282916.20334.98.camel@localhost> <1243344417.6098.221.camel@localhost>
On Tue, 2009-05-26 at 15:26 +0200, Laurent GUERBY wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-05-14 at 08:35 +0200, Laurent GUERBY wrote:
> > On Thu, 2009-05-14 at 08:17 +0200, Arnaud Charlet wrote:
> > > > > On debian "apt-get install timeout" will install the optionally needed
> > > > > software which is otherwise part of TCT (timeout source is about one
> > > > > page of C):
> > > > > http://www.porcupine.org/forensics/tct.html
> > > >
> > > > If you want to use a new piece of external software in the GCC build or
> > > > test process, even conditionally, you should update doc/install.texi to
> > > > describe what the software is used for.
> > >
> > > I believe other people have a local patch to use expect which is already
> > > an existing requirement to handle the timeout, why not use that instead?
> > I'm all for it but I don't know expect at all, do you know who I should
> > contact to get the patch? I'll test it on sparc-linux in v9 mode
> > to check that it works on multithreaded tests.
> Any news on the expect patch?
> Thanks in advance,