This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH: PR target/40470: unabl e to find a register to spill in class ‘SSE_FIRST_REG’
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Guenther <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- Cc: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, ubizjak at gmail dot com
- Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 09:01:32 -0600
- Subject: Re: PATCH: PR target/40470: unabl e to find a register to spill in class ‘SSE_FIRST_REG’
- References: <20090617140148.GA28342@lucon.org> <email@example.com>
Richard Guenther wrote:
On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 4:01 PM, H.J. Lu<firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:Agreed. In fact, it can have horrific performance impacts.
Some SSE4 instructions have implicit XMM0 operand. This patch helps RA
deal with them by forcing operand into XMM0 during expand. OK for trunk
I don't think it's a particularly good idea to put things in hardregs