This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] make a bunch of attribute handlers globally available
- From: Olivier Hainque <hainque at adacore dot com>
- To: Paolo Bonzini <paolo dot bonzini at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, aph at redhat dot com, hainque at adacore dot com
- Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 17:44:14 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] make a bunch of attribute handlers globally available
- References: <20090616140501.GA12242@cardhu.act-europe.fr> <4A37B4DD.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Paolo Bonzini wrote:
> I think putting them in attribs.c is good enough, but I'll let other
> people decide since I cannot approve the non-build part of this.
Either way is fine with me.
> In any case, putting the new file in libbackend.a will avoid
> changing all the makefiles.
Hmm, I followed what was done for attribs.o and it seems better
to handle both consistently. Actually, moving both into libbackend.a
seems interesting as it avoids the replications and this lib is
precisely fit for this sort of purpose. Sure this would also require
several Makefile changes, but in a more attractive direction.
If we don't go for the all in attribs.c route, would that be fine
with you ?
Thanks for your feedback Paolo,