This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] Hookize SMALL_REGISTER_CLASSES, make SSE register classes not small
- From: Richard Guenther <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- To: Steven Bosscher <stevenb dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>, Uros Bizjak <ubizjak at gmail dot com>, Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 18:35:38 +0200
- Subject: Re: [patch] Hookize SMALL_REGISTER_CLASSES, make SSE register classes not small
- References: <email@example.com>
On Sun, Jun 14, 2009 at 6:29 PM, Steven Bosscher<firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Attached is a patch to hookize the SMALL_REGISTER_CLASSES target
> macro. ?The purpose of the patch is to make it possible to have
> SMALL_REGISTER_CLASSES be false for some register classes but not for
> all. This was discussed before in a RFC posting here:
> Bootstrapped and tested (-m32/-m64) on x86-64_unknown-linux-gnu. ?OK for trunk?
The middle-end and general target conversion bits are ok. I'd like the x86
specific change to be acked by a target maintainer.