This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RFA: add debug hook to unwinder
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Guenther <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 10:16:47 -0600
- Subject: Re: RFA: add debug hook to unwinder
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <4A31E890.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: tromey at redhat dot com
>>>>> "Richard" == Richard Guenther <email@example.com> writes:
>>> +static void
>>> +_Unwind_DebugHook (void *cfa __attribute__ ((__unused__)),
Richard> Hm, and if it is static then the compiler may as well change
Richard> its calling ABI (like for example IPA-SRA might remove the
Richard> two unused params). No idea how to prevent that while still
Richard> having it being static though ...
We could go back to having it not be static, and rely on symbol
visibility again. Even that seems likely to fail if we ever use
--combine or LTO on libgcc.
In any case, I'm happy to implement and test whatever approach you