This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [rfc] -gdwarf-3 and DW_OP_call_frame_cfa
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 06:11:24 -0700
- Subject: Re: [rfc] -gdwarf-3 and DW_OP_call_frame_cfa
- References: <4A2E09EC.email@example.com>
On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 12:06 AM, Richard Henderson<firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> I don't necessarily take it as given that we want a switch to
> select DWARF 3 vs DWARF 2, given that we're already generating
> some DWARF 3 extensions unconditionally. ?We might simply want
> to do all of DWARF3 unconditionally and hope consumers can cope.
> That said, I've written this patch remembering the DWARF4 branch
> and the possibility that we do in fact want to cope with different
> versions of the standard.
> There is one quirk. ?Previously we'd accept options like -gdwarf-23
> and take that to mean dwarf2 debugging, verbosity level 3. ?Now
> you *must* write this as -gdwarf-2 -g3. ?Which, frankly, is what I
> thought we had to do beforehand and was surprised at the error
> message I got while testing the handling of -gdwarf-4.
Many DWARF tests use -gdwarf-2X: