This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH,RFC] Do not assign stack slots to ssa names
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 21:09:01 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH,RFC] Do not assign stack slots to ssa names
- References: <4A300B3C.email@example.com>
Andrey Belevantsev wrote:
When processing stack vars partitions for alias export patch, I have
noticed that sometimes we get SSA_NAMEs being allocated on stack, e.g.
V2SF vectors. Richard suggested the attached patch to fix it. The
patch is bootstrapped and tested (Ada enabled) on x86-64. The only
failing test is stack protector test ssp-2.c, in which an array and a
loop counter get allocated on stack in a different order and thus
instead of overflowing the array the test overflows the loop counter and
hangs. So I've also fixed the test.
Michael, what do you think of the patch?
2009-06-10 Richard Guenther <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Andrey Belevantsev <email@example.com>
* cfgexpand.c (expand_one_var): Do not call add_stack_var when original
variable is an SSA name.
This doesn't make any sense. AFAICT, you're still allocating stack
space for the variable, just at a different place.