This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[PATCH] Reschedule predictive-commoning pass
- From: Revital1 Eres <ERES at il dot ibm dot com>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 14:27:47 +0300
- Subject: [PATCH] Reschedule predictive-commoning pass
Attached is a patch to reschedule predictive-commoning pass before
complete unrolling pass.
Testing this patch with SPEC2006 on 86_64-suse-linux
and powerpc64-suse-linux did not show significant
performance impact; as was previously noted in
The patch was bootstraped and regtested on powerpc64-suse-linux and
x86_64-linux-gnu with -O2 -fpredictive-commoning flags.
OK for mainline?
* passes.c (init_optimization_passes): reschedule
predictive-commoning pass before complete unroll pass.
--- passes.c (revision 148302)
+++ passes.c (working copy)
@@ -648,7 +648,6 @@ init_optimization_passes (void)
- NEXT_PASS (pass_predcom);
@@ -665,6 +664,7 @@ init_optimization_passes (void)
+ NEXT_PASS (pass_predcom);