This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] rewrite fwprop's dataflow
- From: Paolo Bonzini <paolo dot bonzini at gmail dot com>
- To: Kenneth Zadeck <zadeck at naturalbridge dot com>
- Cc: Paolo Bonzini <bonzini at gnu dot org>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, zadeck at gcc dot gnu dot org, stevenb dot gcc at gmail dot com
- Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2009 08:46:40 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] rewrite fwprop's dataflow
- References: <20090608172035.GB6164@fencepost.gnu.org> <4A2DDAC5.firstname.lastname@example.org>
This explanation should be part of the body of the code, not something
that will be lost in the mail. Given that this is effectively a new
and unique problem, this is especially important.
Thanks Kenny, I'll copy and paste it with small adjustments to
The dataflow code is fine. I am not authorized to approve the changes
I think you can, the border between DF and passes using it are murky.
After all it's just replacement for RD+chains -- I could have made a
"singleton UD" problem in df-problems.c and that would have qualified as
dataflow, but the code would be uglier. Also, you are right now the
only one besides me to understand the MD problem. :-)