This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch,wwwdocs] 4.5 changes: MPC and Fortran
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <gerald at pfeifer dot com>
- To: Tobias Burnus <burnus at net-b dot de>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org, "Kaveh R. GHAZI" <ghazi at caip dot rutgers dot edu>
- Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 22:35:56 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: [Patch,wwwdocs] 4.5 changes: MPC and Fortran
- References: <20090608190100.GA4144@net-b.de>
On Mon, 8 Jun 2009, Tobias Burnus wrote:
> I updated gcc-4.5/changes.html with the items from the
> news section of the gfortran wiki for MPC and Fortran.
> I think the list should be reasonably complete, but
> I am sure the wording can be improved.
> Suggestions for the wording? OK for check in?
I have minor comments in addition to Ralf's, the changes look fine
in general. Thanks for taking the time!
"if found at during configure": here you may want to omit "at" (or
"during", or actually, how about "at configure time").
"now supports also" -> "now also supports", I think?
"to make them really signalling": who is them?
"all those" -> "all these"
"string-lengths": I believe omitting the dash is more common.
", which is invoked by <code>main</code> function": here I would omit
the comma and say "by the <code...".
"Extended the support fo..." doesn't look like a full sentence?
"has been implemented" -> "have been implemented"
"preventing inadvertently uses the same unit at different parts of the
program" -> "of the same" and "in different parts".
Sorry for being picky today; I really appreciate this update. And it
seems you guys have been doing a great amount of nice work. Thanks for