This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch, fortran] First steps to array descriptor reform
- From: Paul Richard Thomas <paul dot richard dot thomas at gmail dot com>
- To: Tobias Burnus <burnus at net-b dot de>
- Cc: fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 14:33:52 +0200
- Subject: Re: [Patch, fortran] First steps to array descriptor reform
- References: <20090608101918.GA8290@net-b.de>
>> The attached bootstraps and regtests on FC9/x86_64 - OK for trunk?
Thanks - I'll commit tonight or first thing tomorrow.
>> If I can apply this patch to trunk and the development branch, I can
>> see a first attempt at the new array descriptor in ~1 week.
> Please apply to the trunk only. Instead of applying to the branch,
> one better svnmerges it to the branch, which I can/will do after you
> comitted it to the trunk.
That's fine by me. I wonder if we should not take the same view with
Thomas' patch? If it is a re-organisation without introducing
functional changes, surely it can go straight to trunk? On the other
hand, once the API is changed I agree it is prudent to remain on the