This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch, libgfortran] Better format hash function
- From: Paolo Bonzini <paolo dot bonzini at gmail dot com>
- To: Janne Blomqvist <blomqvist dot janne at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Fortran List <fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 18:30:07 +0200
- Subject: Re: [Patch, libgfortran] Better format hash function
- References: <email@example.com>
Janne Blomqvist wrote:
the attached patch replaces the existing (too?) simple string hash
function with an almost equally simple but supposedly pretty well
working one by D.J. Bernstein.
It's quite overrated (first collision took 30 seconds to find by hand:
C# collides with BD), but it cannot be worse than what is there now.