This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH RFA: Use $(COMPILER) to build objects
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: Paolo Bonzini <paolo dot bonzini at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Paolo Bonzini <bonzini at gnu dot org>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2009 08:43:06 -0700
- Subject: Re: PATCH RFA: Use $(COMPILER) to build objects
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <4A23D9DF.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Paolo Bonzini <email@example.com> writes:
>> I just remembered that --enable-build-with-cxx has to be at least
>> partly at the top level, because when it is used the C++ compiler must
>> be built during stage 1.
> You can do
> or something like that, no?
True, I suppose I could, though that seems overly tricky to me. That
would be the first case where config-lang.in does not set a value