This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH RFA: Add extern "C" to libcpp header files
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 10:48:01 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: PATCH RFA: Add extern "C" to libcpp header files
- References: <email@example.com>
On Sun, 31 May 2009, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> This patch adds extern "C" to the header files in libcpp. This is a
> stage toward enabling builds with C++. My present plan is to have gcc
> be built using a C++ compiler but libcpp be built with a C compiler. In
> the future, libcpp will probably move to a C++ compiler as well. It may
> or may not be desirable to retain a C interface even when libcpp is
> built with a C++ compiler; I don't know.
> Bootstrapped on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu. OK for mainline?
Joseph S. Myers