This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH]: Integrate gfortran with MPC
- From: "Kaveh R. GHAZI" <ghazi at caip dot rutgers dot edu>
- To: Steve Kargl <sgk at troutmask dot apl dot washington dot edu>
- Cc: Tobias Burnus <burnus at net-b dot de>, fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 02:27:06 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH]: Integrate gfortran with MPC
- References: <B893CE4B787949BDB96C7366FEA4CA8C@glap> <20090529040935.GA89289@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
On Thu, 28 May 2009, Steve Kargl wrote:
> I suspect that this is bug that has been immortalized in
> the testsuite. It should probably be fixed to give the
> result that an equivalent C program would give. Can you
> open a bug report and add me to cc?
Done, PR 40318.
Note the problem goes back to at least the 4.3 series. While we can solve
it for gcc-4.5 using MPC, the older releases would need to have IEEE
special cases hand-entered into the fortran folding code (and possibly
into the middle-end.)