This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH, committed, AVR] Change my email address
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Denis Chertykov <chertykov at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 20:27:10 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, committed, AVR] Change my email address
- References: <email@example.com>
On Sat, 23 May 2009, Denis Chertykov wrote:
> 2009-05-23 Denis Chertykov <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * config/avr/avr.c: Change my email address.
> * config/avr/avr.h: Likewise.
> * config/avr/avr.md: Likewise.
> * config/avr/avr-protos.h: Likewise.
> * config/avr/libgcc.S: Likewise.
Examining source files shows that many if not most email addresses are out
of date there - that they tend to show the address when a file was
contributed rather than aiming to show a current one.
I'm inclined to say that source files should not be giving email addresses
for contributors at all, that MAINTAINERS is the place to keep up-to-date
addresses and that the ChangeLogs are the place to keep the address
someone had when contributing a file or a change to a file.
Joseph S. Myers