This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Fortran,patch] PR 39178 - inline main()
- From: Tobias Schlüter <tobias dot schlueter at physik dot uni-muenchen dot de>
- To: Steve Kargl <sgk at troutmask dot apl dot washington dot edu>
- Cc: Janne Blomqvist <blomqvist dot janne at gmail dot com>, Tobias Burnus <tobias dot burnus at physik dot fu-berlin dot de>, fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 23:23:47 +0200
- Subject: Re: [Fortran,patch] PR 39178 - inline main()
- References: <20090519223619.GA802@net-b.de> <4A1B2CAE.email@example.com> <4A1C5626.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20090526205432.GA99576@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
Steve Kargl wrote:
On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 11:50:46PM +0300, Janne Blomqvist wrote:
Tobias Burnus wrote:
IMHO it can be removed.
PS 1: I think one can also remove libgfortranbegin.a. This will break
linking previously compiled main programs; the solution is to re-build
them. But one can also keep libgfortranbegin, which this patch is
currently doing. What's your opinion about this?
I agree with Janne.
Maybe it's possible to keep an empty stub libgfortranbegin.a that issues
a warning when linked?