This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Ping! Re: [patch, libgfortran] PR37754 [4.4 Regression] READ I/O Performance regression from 4.3 to 4.4/4.5
- From: Jack Howarth <howarth at bromo dot med dot uc dot edu>
- To: Janne Blomqvist <blomqvist dot janne at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Jerry DeLisle <jvdelisle at verizon dot net>, Fortran List <fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 10:50:57 -0400
- Subject: Re: Ping! Re: [patch, libgfortran] PR37754 [4.4 Regression] READ I/O Performance regression from 4.3 to 4.4/4.5
- References: <4A17E52F.email@example.com> <4A1A0E24.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4A1AF023.email@example.com>
On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 10:23:15PM +0300, Janne Blomqvist wrote:
> Jerry DeLisle wrote:
>> Jerry DeLisle wrote:
>>> The attached patch is a backport of the I/O performance patches and
>>> associated fixes from trunk.
>>> Regression tested on x86-64.
>>> OK for 4.4. This will close out the PR.
>> I am staged and ready to pull the trigger on this. Need an approval. :)
> I'm not completely comfortable with this, it's a pretty large set of
> changes. However, they seem to have worked surprisingly well on trunk.
> Or perhaps people are using trunk less now that the released versions
> are good enough for most purposes..
> Janne Blomqvist
Has anyone actually tried to bootstrap gcc 4.4 with the proposed patch?
I had a rather cryptic error from make when trying to build it against
Saturday's gcc 4.4 branch on x86_64-apple-darwin9. Without the proposed
patch, gcc 4.4 branch built fine.