This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix PRE of TARGET_MEM_REF
- From: Paolo Bonzini <bonzini at gnu dot org>
- To: Richard Guenther <rguenther at suse dot de>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 14:39:16 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix PRE of TARGET_MEM_REF
- References: <alpine.LNX.email@example.com>
Richard Guenther wrote:
> This patch fixes PRE/SCCVN handling of TARGET_MEM_REF. This
> would allow scheduling PRE after loop optimizations (apart from
> some Fortran fallout that in principle looks unrelated).
> Bootstrapped and tested on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, once with
> the current pass ordering and once with PRE moved after
> loop optimizations.
Thanks, indeed I had experienced some missed optimizations in the
vectorizer when PRE managed to mess up the pattern it recognizes, so
it's a good idea.