This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix Ada bootstrap comparison
- From: Paolo Bonzini <bonzini at gnu dot org>
- To: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 13:58:48 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix Ada bootstrap comparison
- References: <email@example.com>
Eric Botcazou wrote:
> the Ada compiler uses various tools (ada/bldtools and ada/doctools) during the
> build and they are compiled by the base compiler; therefore they shouldn't be
> part of the bootstrap comparison since this would mean that the outcome of the
> comparison depends on the base compiler.
> Tested on i586-suse-linux, OK for mainline?
Ok. (But why aren't they built with the previous stage?)