This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Improve ix86 machine reorg (PR target/39942, take 2, part 2)
- From: Richard Guenther <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- To: Bernd Schmidt <bernds_cb1 at t-online dot de>
- Cc: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>, "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>, Uros Bizjak <ubizjak at gmail dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 12:25:29 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Improve ix86 machine reorg (PR target/39942, take 2, part 2)
- References: <20090430114639.GU5781@tyan-ft48-01.lab.bos.redhat.com> <20090513083837.GA5781@tyan-ft48-01.lab.bos.redhat.com> <4A153643.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 1:08 PM, Bernd Schmidt <email@example.com> wrote:
> Jakub Jelinek wrote:
>> Here is an updated patch for the rest, I've noted a couple of issues with
>> the patch from April. ?I'm also attaching an awk script
>> (objdump -d cc1plus | ~/test4jmp.awk) which I've used for verification.
>> Both without and with the patch there are a few hits, meaning the
>> had and still has issues (especially for -fprofile-use), but at least
>> this patch (nor the other patch I've sent a few minutes ago) causes
>> significant regressions.
>> Bootstrapped/regtested on x86_64-linux and i686-linux, ok for trunk?
> Should this go on the 4.3/4.4 as well? ?Seemed to make quite a
> difference when I tried it with 4.3.
It's not a regression, but certainly the first and simpler patch could go to
the branches as well.