This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Improve ix86 machine reorg (PR target/39942, take 2, part 2)
- From: Bernd Schmidt <bernds_cb1 at t-online dot de>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>, "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>, Uros Bizjak <ubizjak at gmail dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 12:08:51 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Improve ix86 machine reorg (PR target/39942, take 2, part 2)
- References: <20090430114639.GU5781@tyan-ft48-01.lab.bos.redhat.com> <20090513083837.GA5781@tyan-ft48-01.lab.bos.redhat.com>
Jakub Jelinek wrote:
Here is an updated patch for the rest, I've noted a couple of issues with
the patch from April. I'm also attaching an awk script
(objdump -d cc1plus | ~/test4jmp.awk) which I've used for verification.
Both without and with the patch there are a few hits, meaning the algorithm
had and still has issues (especially for -fprofile-use), but at least
this patch (nor the other patch I've sent a few minutes ago) causes
Bootstrapped/regtested on x86_64-linux and i686-linux, ok for trunk?
Should this go on the 4.3/4.4 as well? Seemed to make quite a
difference when I tried it with 4.3.
This footer brought to you by insane German lawmakers.
Analog Devices GmbH Wilhelm-Wagenfeld-Str. 6 80807 Muenchen
Sitz der Gesellschaft Muenchen, Registergericht Muenchen HRB 40368
Geschaeftsfuehrer Thomas Wessel, William A. Martin, Margaret Seif