This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH, ARM] Don't copy uncopyable instructions in gcse.c
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- To: Julian Brown <julian at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Steven Bosscher <stevenb dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 10:49:02 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, ARM] Don't copy uncopyable instructions in gcse.c
- References: <email@example.com>
> * gcse.c (target.h): Include.
> (hash_scan_set): Don't make copies of instructions the target deems
> * config/arm/arm.c (arm_cannot_copy_insn_p): Check we have an
Don't change the interface of the hook, i.e. verify that it's not NULL and the
insn is INSN_P before calling it. See cfg_layout_can_duplicate_bb_p.
Why do you need the second hunk in hash_scan_set? Does the source verify
I think that this should be prevented by want_to_gcse_p, maybe by verifying in
can_assign_to_reg_without_clobbers_p that test_insn is not cannot_copy_insn_p
or devising a similar helper. Steven, what do you think?