This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFC] Don't schedule prefetch INSNs
- From: Zdenek Dvorak <rakdver at kam dot mff dot cuni dot cz>
- To: Andreas Krebbel <krebbel at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: Adam Nemet <anemet at caviumnetworks dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 18:48:50 +0200
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Don't schedule prefetch INSNs
- References: <4A13DE4D.email@example.com>
> >Do you mean this within the same basic block? Prefetching something that
> >be accessed in the same basic block is probably not very profitable (unless
> >the block is huge).
> It will be worthwhile if the basic block is a loop body. It might make
> sense to prefetch something used in the next loop iteration. Actually
> that's what I am trying to do for memcpys.
in that case, the placement of the prefetch inside the loop body is
more or less irrelevant, no?