This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [lto] Run some testsuites with LTO if it's available
- From: Janis Johnson <janis187 at us dot ibm dot com>
- To: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at google dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 10:29:20 -0700
- Subject: Re: [lto] Run some testsuites with LTO if it's available
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: janis187 at us dot ibm dot com
On Tue, 2009-05-19 at 12:37 -0400, Diego Novillo wrote:
> Does this look OK for supporting LTO only when it's available?
> Initially I wanted to always add -flto if it was available, but
> there may be other reasons why a testsuite would not want LTO, so
> it needs to be merged in by each .exp file.
Yes, it looks OK assuming that you want to run all torture tests
three times as much as they are currently run. That makes sense
for now in the LTO branch but won't later for mainline. Eventually
there should be a set of LTO-specific tests that are run always
and perhaps some torture tests that always use it, and others should
use the LTO options when the user asks for them, through the
environment or site.exp or .dejagnurc (we need a common convention
for stuff like that).