This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix PR 40172 -- bootstrap breakage on some targets caused by fix for PR16302.
- From: Manuel López-Ibáñez <lopezibanez at gmail dot com>
- To: David Daney <ddaney at caviumnetworks dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 10:17:43 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix PR 40172 -- bootstrap breakage on some targets caused by fix for PR16302.
- References: <4A11FB41.email@example.com>
2009/5/19 David Daney <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
> The fix for PR 16302 caused -Wlogical-op (part of the default -Wextra) to
> generate fatal warning for some code in GCC.
> I propose that we supply -Wno-logical-op as a fix.
-Wlogical-op was added to -Wextra in GCC 4.5, so this can be reverted
changing 4 lines. It is likely that, if it causes trouble for GCC, it
will case trouble for other codebases. That would be my preferred
option, short of fixing -Wlogical-op to not warn about macros, which
is impossible given GCC current capabilities.