This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Delete EXPR_LOCUS
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- To: tromey at redhat dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 20:46:46 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Delete EXPR_LOCUS
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> The java parts of this are ok. (IMO they are an obvious consequence
> of the core change but it seems harmless to be explicit.)
> Thanks for doing this, btw. It is a nice cleanup.
Yes, but on hold for the time being.
> Eric> -/* True if a tree is an expression or statement that can have a
> Eric> - location. */
> Eric> -#define CAN_HAVE_LOCATION_P(NODE) (EXPR_P (NODE))
> Eric> -
> Eric> -extern void protected_set_expr_location (tree, location_t);
> Eric> +/* True if a tree is an expression or statement that can have a
> location. */ Eric> +#define CAN_HAVE_LOCATION_P(NODE) EXPR_P (NODE)
> The changes to this macro (both the comment and its definition) look
> unintentional to me. They are probably harmless but I think it is
> mildly preferable not to make a change like this.
They are intentional (and correct).