This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFC] Patch implementing EXECUTE_COMMAND_LINE
- From: Steve Kargl <sgk at troutmask dot apl dot washington dot edu>
- To: FX <fxcoudert at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Fortran List <fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 08:44:59 -0700
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Patch implementing EXECUTE_COMMAND_LINE
- References: <B652D271-06DD-4E8E-B89D-B21F77FF0CE4@gmail.com>
On Mon, May 04, 2009 at 12:07:18AM +0200, FX wrote:
> As you can see from my few emails today, I had a bit of free time and
> needed something that would take me away from my day-to-day
> programming, so I worked on gfortran a bit :)
> Here's one patch that isn't in final state yet, but I probably won't
> have time to submit it formally before a few weeks. It implements
> EXECUTE_COMMAND_LINE, a new F2008 intrinsic that should replace the
> old SYSTEM extension in user code. My patch comes with a complete
> implementation, but no testcase and no doc. I tested it manually and
> it seems to work OK. I'd be glad to have people build it on different
> systems, though, at it uses some UNIX-specific stuff that I'm never
> too sure to get right on the first time.
> So, if someone has time (although I know it's unlikely) and want to
> fly with it, please go ahead. Otherwise, I'll submit it formally when
> I get time. In the meantime, any testing you can do (and report here)
> will be of help.
I plan to look at this patch later tonight (after my
kids' soccer, baseball, and softball).