This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [4.5] Find more autoinc addressing for induction variables
- From: Steven Bosscher <stevenb dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: Bernd Schmidt <bernds_cb1 at t-online dot de>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 23:27:30 +0200
- Subject: Re: [4.5] Find more autoinc addressing for induction variables
- References: <49998A2D.email@example.com> <4A0AED10.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 5:53 PM, Bernd Schmidt <email@example.com> wrote:
> I wrote:
>> The current auto-inc-dec optimization only looks at single basic blocks,
>> and fails to create autoincrement addressing for induction variables in
>> nontrivial loops.
>> This patch tries to address this. ?When we have a suitable memory
>> reference, we look for two definitions using DU/UD chains: an
>> initialization, and an increment, which must satisfy a number of
>> conditions (see comments in the patch).
Perhaps I missed it, but did you address Paolo's comment
(http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2009-02/msg00736.html), for example
by looking at what this does to compilation times?