This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] [RFC] loop index promotion pass
- From: Nathan Froyd <froydnj at codesourcery dot com>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 05:19:37 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] [RFC] loop index promotion pass
- References: <20090423161719.GV22588@codesourcery.com> <email@example.com>
On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 11:09:08AM +0100, Ramana Radhakrishnan wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 5:17 PM, Nathan Froyd <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> > The patch below implements a pass that promotes shorter-than-word-size
> > loop indices to word size indices. ?This pass enables improvements of
> > 30% or more on particular EEMBC benchmarks and a >2% overall gain on the
> > EEMBC suite.
> Is this related to http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=36905 ?
No, it's not.