This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix PR40081, wrong gimple from SRA
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Richard Guenther <rguenther at suse dot de>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 07:59:20 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix PR40081, wrong gimple from SRA
- References: <alpine.LNX.email@example.com>
On Sun, May 10, 2009 at 3:11 AM, Richard Guenther <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> This fixes wrong gimple from SRA created because SRA possibly uses
> volatile qualified scalar types as replacements which is obviously
> bogus (and at least a missed optimization, but in this case causing
> invalid gimple). ?The problem is latent since ever, thus I plan
> only to fix the trunk and 4.4.
> Bootstrapped and tested on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, applied to trunk.
> Also tested on the 4.4 branch, queued for applying there.
> 2009-05-10 ?Richard Guenther ?<email@example.com>
> ? ? ? ?PR tree-optimization/40081
> ? ? ? ?* tree-sra.c (instantiate_element): Instantiate scalar replacements
> ? ? ? ?using the main variant of the element type. ?Do not fiddle with
> ? ? ? ?TREE_THIS_VOLATILE or TREE_SIDE_EFFECTS.
> ? ? ? ?* g++.dg/torture/pr40081.C: New testcase.