This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] more PR33928: DIY dataflow in fwprop, to enable it at -O1 and speed it up at -O2
- From: Steven Bosscher <stevenb dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: Richard Guenther <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Paolo Bonzini <bonzini at gnu dot org>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Kenneth Zadeck <zadeck at naturalbridge dot com>
- Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 11:21:44 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] more PR33928: DIY dataflow in fwprop, to enable it at -O1 and speed it up at -O2
- References: <4A03E82C.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 11:11 AM, Richard Guenther
>> Bootstrapped/regtested i686-pc-linux-gnu, checked that the time spent in
>> fwprop even for devilish PR26854 testcases is very small. ?Ok for trunk
>> and after a while 4.4?
> Err - if this patch doesn't make a difference what critical bug
> does it fix to support backporting to 4.4?
What makes you think it does not make a difference? Without this
patch, the compile time in fwprop for PR26854 and similar
dense-CFG-dense-DU/UD-web test cases is horrible.