This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] more PR33928: DIY dataflow in fwprop, to enable it at -O1 and speed it up at -O2
- From: Paolo Bonzini <bonzini at gnu dot org>
- To: Richard Guenther <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Kenneth Zadeck <zadeck at naturalbridge dot com>
- Date: Fri, 08 May 2009 11:19:30 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] more PR33928: DIY dataflow in fwprop, to enable it at -O1 and speed it up at -O2
- References: <4A03E82C.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
>> Bootstrapped/regtested i686-pc-linux-gnu, checked that the time spent in
>> fwprop even for devilish PR26854 testcases is very small. Ok for trunk
>> and after a while 4.4?
> Err - if this patch doesn't make a difference what critical bug
> does it fix to support backporting to 4.4?
It makes a difference at -O1, and fixes a performance and memory
regression at -O2.