This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Name unnamed passes and change duplicate pass names
- From: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at gmail dot com>
- To: Justin Seyster <jrseys at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 15:52:19 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Name unnamed passes and change duplicate pass names
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 3:49 PM, Justin Seyster <email@example.com> wrote:
> I mailed the list a week ago about unnamed passes making it difficult
> to insert plug-in passes where they want to go. ÂIn my case, I want
> plug-ins to insert passes just before pass_all_optimizations, but I
> cannot reference that pass by name.
> Nobody seemed to object to the idea of naming that pass, so here is a
> patch that names all the unnamed passes. ÂWhile I was at it, I also
> renamed passes that have duplicate names.
Does this cause dumps to happen even if there is nothing to dump?
Maybe you need to add another field to the struct saying a dump should