This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH][Ada] Add option to gnatlink to fix gnat.dg on some platforms
- From: Arnaud Charlet <charlet at adacore dot com>
- To: Laurent GUERBY <laurent at guerby dot net>
- Cc: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Arnaud Charlet <charlet at adacore dot com>
- Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 12:36:36 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][Ada] Add option to gnatlink to fix gnat.dg on some platforms
- References: <1241692223.5214.19.camel@localhost>
> There might be better ways to solve this annoying issue, I'm open to
Introducing a --XCC switch seems really too specialized and confusing to me.
Also, your patch does not document this switch in the gnatlink usage.
Wouldn't it be possible to e.g. use --GCC="... -mips32" or whatever
option is needed here?
If this does not work, it might be a better approach to enhance --GCC
rather than introducing --XCC IMO, in particular for a need internal to
the GCC tree, and not useful to end users.