This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch,doc] Document lack of support for variable format expressions
- From: Tobias Burnus <burnus at net-b dot de>
- To: FX <fxcoudert at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Fortran List <fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 06 May 2009 20:54:36 +0200
- Subject: Re: [patch,doc] Document lack of support for variable format expressions
- References: <9F276E3F-441C-47D4-AC9F-6EB7F04AD109@gmail.com>
> Tested with "make info man html pdf", can someone please commit?
+with the following:
+ WRITE(F,'("(I", I0.5, ")")') N+1
+ WRITE(6,F) INT1
Why don't you use I0 instead of I0.5 ? The .5 seems to be unneeded.
Maybe one should also mention somewhere that one needs to declare "F" at some point
(e.g. "CHARACTER(len=20) :: F"). I also like "fmt" or something like that better
than a single letter variable such as "F".
Otherwise the patch looks OK.
Thanks for taking care of the manual.
PS: I assume that you can now commit again.