This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] Fix PR40021: miscompile of BLAS (hence tonto and gamess)
- From: Paolo Bonzini <bonzini at gnu dot org>
- To: Michael Matz <matz at suse dot de>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 06 May 2009 18:13:10 +0200
- Subject: Re: [patch] Fix PR40021: miscompile of BLAS (hence tonto and gamess)
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Michael Matz wrote:
> as detailed in the bugreport we can end up in a situation where a basic
> block with just one successor edge ends with multiple jump instructions to
> the same target (only during expansion itself). We are confused if we
> want to insert instructions on such edge and insert them before the last
> jump, but after the others, which later leads to miscompilations as the
> inserted instruction isn't ru then.
Please file a missed optimization though because the if could be
simplified on the tree level.